You choose what data you share
It is always your choice to use the app to share data with the NHS.
You need to enter the first part of your postcode, known as your postcode district. Read more about how we use your postcode district.
Once you’ve done this, you can:
- use, or not use, app features independently
- use parts of the app without sharing any data at all (for example, Venue check-in)
- choose to delete the app at any time
If you choose to delete the app, you will not receive any notifications from the app about coronavirus (COVID-19).
The data collected by the app is stored on your phone. No one can see or use this data unless you choose to submit it. Any data you share with the NHS is used to help us:
- learn more about coronavirus to support health services, such as your local hospital - for example, this could help to give them up-to-date information about coronavirus in your area
- provide advice to you based on your situation - for example when you have been near another app user who has tested positive for coronavirus
- provide advice to the public
- improve and monitor the effectiveness of the app